Who Is A PROJECT MANAGER?
A project manager is a professional in the field of project management. Project managers have the responsibility of the planning, procurement and execution of a project. A project manager is the person responsible for leading a project from its inception to execution. This includes planning, execution and managing the people, resources and scope of the project. Project managers must have the discipline to create clear and attainable objectives and to see them through to successful completion. The project manager has full responsibility and authority to complete the assigned project.
This project management course will teach you how to manage each phase of a project:conceptual, planning, execution, and termination.The primary objectives of Project Management Fundamentals are to 1) empower personnel with the vocabulary, knowledge competencies and basic performance competencies necessary to intuitively understand and function at a high level in their project implementation and supporting roles and 2) to organize and execute their own day-to-day work in a more efficient manner using modern project management concepts and methods.
Our Project Management employs effective accelerated adult learning techniques (addressing visual, auditory and kinesthetic learning styles) to ensure each student succeeds at a high level. The course agenda is action-oriented and fast-paced, allowing students to learn-by-doing in a simulated project environment. Course exercises begin on the morning of day-1 with students organized in simulated Project Teams (Integrated Product/Project Teams – IPTs) initiating a hands-on project. The course proceeds with student IPTs planning the project, executing the project, monitoring/controlling the project, then formally closing the project. The last exercise at the end of day 3 requires each student IPT to prepare and present their project using microsoft project software .
What Will I Learn ?
- You”ll learn the most important project management skills and techniques
- You”ll gain practical experience of applying these main techniques
- You”ll boost your confidence in your ability to plan and manage projects
- You”ll gain practical advise and tips from an experienced project manager
- You”ll be able to plan, execute and track projects using microsoft project software
What Is My Job Description ?
Project management responsibilities include delivering every project on time within budget and scope. Project managers should have a background in business skills, management, budgeting and analysis.
Project managers are skilled at getting the best out of the people and projects that they oversee. They thrive when planning projects and working with project teams.
What Are My Responsibilities?
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Developing project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Develop a detailed project plan to track progress
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation