Who Is A Digital Marketer ?
A Digital marketer is the marketer who markets various products or services using digital technologies, mainly on the Internet, but also including mobile phones, display advertising, and any other digital medium..
What does a Digital Marketing Manager do ?
- Plan and execute all digital marketing, including SEO/SEM, marketing database, email, social media and display advertising campaigns
- Design, build and maintain our social media presence
- Measure and report performance of all digital marketing campaigns, and assess against goals (ROI and KPIs) Identify trends and insights, and optimize spend and performance based on the insights
- Brainstorm new and creative growth strategies
- Plan, execute, and measure experiments and conversion tests
- Collaborate with internal teams to create landing pages and optimize user experience Utilize strong analytical ability to evaluate end-to-end customer experience across multiple channels and customer touch points.
- Instrument conversion points and optimize user funnels Collaborate with agencies and other vendor partners
- Evaluate emerging technologies. Provide thought leadership and perspective for adoption where appropriate
What Are The Skills I Need ?
- Editing and writing skills: You need to devise and edit content for various digital platforms. Writing blog posts may well be an integral part of the job.
- Speaking skills: These will mainly be deployed internally. You will need to be able to explain coherently to others, who may not be familiar with the medium, how digital technologies work and what their marketing application is.
- Project management skills: Digital marketing executives also need to be good at handling time-sensitive projects and working to deadlines.
What Is My Job Description ?
Digital marketing executives oversee the online marketing strategy for their organisation. They plan and execute digital (including email) marketing campaigns and design, maintain and supply content for the organisation's website(s).
In addition, they engage with the public through social media and ensure visitor flow to digital sites. Digital marketing executives also analyse and report on visitor data and devise new ways to market products. They frequently work for retailers with an online presence, financial institutions, charities and publishers. They can also be employed by digital marketing agencies.